- What really matters in a home inspection?
Realistically there are no perfect homes, none, zero. However, many items found on your Home Inspection report will no doubt be maintenance related items.
During the Home Inspection, I will cover these maintenance relate items with you in detail, however it is important to know WHAT REALLY MATTERS during the Home Inspection.
Most items in a Home Inspection which really matter fall into one of four categories.
- major defects. An example of this would be a structural failure;
- things that lead to major defects, such as a small roof-flashing leak, for example;
- things that may hinder your ability to finance, legally occupy, or insure the home; and
- safety hazards, such as an exposed, live buss bar at the electrical panel.
Anything found that falls into one of these categories should be addressed.
Remember that no home is perfect. It is important to keep things in perspective and not to kill you deal on your dream home over things that really do not matter.